Took a break from the Trex helicopter build to put this simple system together for a friend. Its his first radio controlled toy and first quadcopter so it had to be simple. The build went together smooth and easy, and it flies really great. Took it out over a quarter mile and still had a crystal clear image. The Flysight Black Pearl system is really nice and simple. The built in diversity receiver switches antennas seamlessly, but wish it had a built in DVR.
Best of all, this was all purchased on Amazon and with Prime it showed up in 2 days free.
Here is the build list:
- DJI Phantom 2 V2.0 Quadcopter $608
- Flysight Black Pearl All in One Fpv Combo Package $339
- DJI Phantom Basic ID Sticker Set / Controller & Aircraft Markings v3 $17
- Fiberglass mount plate (Mount Plate & Anti-Vibration Shock) $15 (optional, required drilling holes in plate)
- DJI iOSD Mini On-Screen Display for Real-Time Flight Information (Black) $66
- SC2000 PZ0420H 600TVL Plastic Housing FPV Camera Black Color 3.6mm Lens $42
- Seahorse SE920FPL,BK Protective Equipment Cases (Black) $113
- plus misc items: solder, shrink tube, kapton tape, 3M VHB tape, zip ties, and extra props. You technically don’t need any soldering, because the Flysight kit has all the wires and plugs but I wanted shorter wires so I cut them and resized them.